Now the suns out and spring is in full flow it’s a bit easier to get up in the mornings and crack out a hot breakfast, this is my take on a breakfast hash with a bit of a healthy twist!
Avocado breakfast hash
A really easy & healthy breakfast hash to make on a relaxing Sunday morning.
Write a review
- 2 large floury potatoes (maris piper is perfect)
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 lime
- Table spoon of butter
- random salad ingredients, anything with a crunch works well, cut finely like a slaw. I used peppers, spring onions, carrot, radishes and cherry tomatoes.
- Firstly prepare the potato hash by grating the potatoes into a bowl, next we want to remove as much water as possible so transfer the grated potato into a tea towel and squeeze out all the water. Season the dry potato mix well and add a table spoon of melted butter. Split the potato mixture into two portions, we want to fry these in a little bit of oil, you should hear a "sizzle" sound as the mixture hits the pan, cook on each side for 3 - 4 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Fry the egg in the same pan once your hash is done.
- For the avocado add a squeeze of lime and seasoning.
- Using biscuit cutters or metal rings can help create a nice circle whilst cooking the hash.
Bubble & Squeak http://www.bubbleandsqueak.co/