Chicken breast, tomato and onion gnocchi, sorrel and parmesan!
This is a real quick lunch I rustled up today, all with in 15 minutes and all with in one pan, I hate washing up and one pan wonders are my bag! My girlfriends dad has planted a lovely little herb garden and due to all the rain and sunshine we’ve had the sorrel he planted has gone mental, the sorrel has quite a sharp taste which works well with the chicken. When I get a break in between professional cooking I want to create lunches as quickly and as painlessly as possible!
- 2 x chicken breasts diced up thinly
- 500 g pack gnocchi
- 1 x red onion
- 2 x garlic cloves
- 2 x spring onions
- 1 x tin chopped tomatoes
- a few handfuls of sorrel
- Start by browning off the chicken in a hot pan with a bit of oil, we're aiming for a bit of colour and to get the chicken well on its way to being cooked. This will take about 5 - 6 minutes.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking get on with the vegetable prep, dice the onions and mix them together with some finely chopped garlic, throw this in with thew chicken and give it a good mix, get a bit of colour on the onions then add the gnocchi and then the tinned tomatoes and let it simmer for about 6 minutes to let the flavours infuse and the sauce to reduce down a bit.
- Check the chicken is cooked and then add in the spinach towards the end, season with salt and pepper and grate parmesan over the top at the end!
- Any left over portions I stored in a tupper ware container for later.