This is a really simple, quick and easy lunch to make! I tend to eat relatively healthy most of the time… at least that’s what I tell my self.
Healthy pesto chicken
Write a review
- 2 x chicken breasts
- 1 x avocado
- 100 g quinoa
- 50 g sugar snap peas
- 50 g spring onions
- 200 ml water
- Vegetable stock cube
- ½ lemon
- ½ tsp curry powder
- Firstly we need to cook the chicken, get the chicken breasts season lightly with salt and pepper and apply a generous coating of green pesto. Pop in the oven for between 20 – 25 minutes at 200 c until cooked through.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking we can prepare the quinoa, what I’ve used here is rainbow quinoa. Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve under cold water to remove any of the bitterness. Combine the rinsed quinoa with the water and bring to the boil and maintain a gentle simmer until all of the water has been absorbed, this will take about 15 minutes.
- Take the quinoa off the heat, cover and allow it to steam for a further 5 minutes.
- Now crack on with the crushed avocado, either use a pestle and mortar or a bowl and a fork, scoop out the avocado crush it up as smooth as possible add the curry powder, ½ lemon juiced and season to taste.
- We’re almost done! Finely dice up most of the sugar snap peas( save a few for garnishing), spring onions and parsley and add that to the quinoa, fluff it all up with a fork and season to taste.
- Quinoa done well is delicious, it stores in the fridge for around 4 – 5 days in an air tight container.
Bubble & Squeak http://www.bubbleandsqueak.co/